Since its first appearance in July 2013, the current Golf GTI has seen 14 252 finding homes in South Africa. The GTI has achieved brilliance in South Africa- it is one of the biggest GTI lovers outside Europe and it also took the title as the best-selling hatch in 2020 with a 29.1-percent of the market.
A new generation is set to replace this one in the upcoming months. This new GTI will be digitalised with plenty of intelligent assistance systems and a futuristic design. You will also be able to find start/stop functionality.
In terms of appearance, you will find unmistakeable GTI genetics like the wide air intakes, complex LED lighting, a roof spoiler, diffuser and dual exhaust pipes. You can add on a panoramic sunroof that can be operated with a swiping movement.
Making its debut in the GTI, a broad digital interior compromises of a 10.25-inch InnoVision cockpit and a touchscreen infotainment system. A smaller gear knob and ambient lighting excel at providing the cabin with a typical racy and characteristic GTI feel. The Golf 8 GTI has the option of a Harmon Kardon sound system.
Standard features on the Golf 8 GTi include:
• 18-inch Richmond alloy wheels,
• Lights and Vision Package
• Climatronic air conditioning
• Heated leather-wrapped multi-function sports steering wheel
• GTI Vienna leather seats
• Keyless locking and starting
• Composition Media Radio
• Cruise Control with speed limiter
• Park Distance Control
• 30-colour ambient lighting
• A panoramic sunroof
• IQ Light: LED Matrix Headlights
• Black Styling Package with black 18-inch Bergamo alloy wheels
• Head-up Display
• Adaptive chassis control with driving profile selection
• Smokers package
• 19-inch Adelaide alloy wheels
• A Harmon Kardon sound system
• Discover Pro Radio
• Park Assist
• Rear Assist with a rear view camera
• Blind spot monitoring
• Travel Assist (Lane Assist with Adaptive Cruise Control)
• Adaptive cruise control with Front Assist
• Autonomous Emergency Braking.
The engine has been tweaked and a 2-litre turbocharged pedigree, it can now crank out 180kW and a torque of 370Nm. It has a 7-speed dual clutch transmission and can reach 100km/h in 6.4 seconds. The advanced Vehicle Dynamics Manager System co-ordinates all electromechanical running gear functions while the optional Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC) running gear with variable shock absorbers allows buyers to customise their vehicle’s driving profile.
The price of this beauty will be made available closer to the launch.